On the 10th of February 2010, the 122nd IOC session at Vancouver announced Nanjing as the host city of the second summer YOG.
The slogan of the Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic Games is “Share the Games, Share our Dreams”.
Nanjing 2014 aims to:
- Boost self-understanding, active participation and creativity in young people both in the sports arena and in everyday life
- Promote understanding of other cultures, build up friendships, and help young people to appreciate responsibility in a mature way
- Advocate fair competition and respect for the rules
- Build awareness of a healthy lifestyle and protection of the environment
- Boost self-confidence of young people
Please click here
to learn more about the games.